Clutch Type PTO Range
- Parent Category: Power Take Offs
Clutch Type PTO Units
The Clutch Type PTO is gaining in popularity for a number of applications. The latest friction materials technology has enabled these units to have a service life approaching that of conventional type units in all applications and exceeding it in others.
Where there is a need for frequent engagement / dis-engagement of the PTO unit a clutch type will provide a softer take up of drive, lessening the stress on both gearbox, PTO unit and hydraulic pump.
If there is a probability of operators not engaging / disengaging a conventional type unit correctly, (where perhaps the main clutch is not used causing wear on engagement gears), a clutch type unit will give superior service life.
- Engagement / dis-engagement independent of vehicle clutch
- Commonly used on waste / municipal vehicle applications
- Pump / flange drive options available
- PCM can supply a choice of units from all the current manufacturers and can aid the customer with advice on specifying the correct unit for all applications.